The Office for the Study and Support of the Agricultural Sector is responsible for implementing the Presidency and the Government’s agricultural plans and policies.
Given the ambitious nature of agricultural reform in Benin, this Office plays a fundamental role in coordinating the partners necessary to ensuring the success of Revealing Benin’s agricultural component.
The Office for the Study and Support of the Agricultural Sector is charged with developing and maintaining relations with private and institutional partners wishing to support agricultural development in Benin.
- High value-added Projects (cashews, pineapples, market produce)
- increase productivity and quality; reinforce production and processing; and boost exports
- Conventional Projects (rice, maize, cassava, soja)
- reduce food imports; satisfy Benin’s needs; and boost exports
- Develop the Livestock Sector (meat, milk, eggs)
- ensure fulfilment of animal protein needs; and create sustainable jobs
- Develop Freshwater Aquaculture
- reduce imports of fish products through the development of local freshwater aquaculture
- Develop the Lower and Middle Ouémé Valley
- make the most of the valley’s fertile lands by developing new arable zones; open-up access to Ouémé; and encourage young agricultural entrepreneurs