The National Agency for the Promotion of Heritage and the Development of Tourism is responsible for transforming Benin into a flagship destination in West Africa. This involves the promotion of Benin’s natural, historic and cultural heritage.
To achieve this, the Agency will develop a range of innovative tourist projects, offering a unique experience to Benin’s future visitors. The private sector will play a central role in developing these projects, with the Agency providing continuous technical and financial support to its partners.
Once these major projects are finalised, the Agency’s mission will become one of promoting Benin as a tourist destination.
- Transform the Pendjari / W into West Africa’s leading wildlife park
- Revitalise the lacustrian town of Ganvié
- Build a thematic museum inspired by the activities of the Abomey Kings
- Build a museum of voodoo art, civilisation and culture in the area around Porto-Novo
- Reconstruct the historical city of Ouidah in its original style, and redevelop its historical trails